permalink – https://wp.me/p6R6sO-3VH
Here is the latest VKR news. Mid-week update as there are some events happening this weekend.
VKR Kendo Seminar (Nittaidai) Information Update
Dear VKR Delegates and members,
The VKR Kendo Seminar will be held this coming weekend and we hope to see many of you there!
A few points for those intending to attend:
1) The sessions will commence at 9:00am on both days. The venue building will be open from 8AM and have changing facilities available, so please ensure that you are changed and ready before the start.
2) For Saturday, please remember to bring your bokuto set (tachi + kodachi), Nippon Kendo Kata Manual, Training Method For Fundamental Kendo Techniques with a Bokuto Manual,
and a pen and paper for note taking if you have them.
3) For Sunday, please remember to bring your copy of FIK Shinpan and Shiai Regulations Manual, and a pen and paper for note taking if you have them.
4) If you don’t have any of the manuals and wish to purchase them, we have ordered copies to be made available on the day.
5) The Saturday dinner will be held at Imperial Chinese Seafood Restaurant located in 546 Waverley Rd., Glen Waverley from 6:30pm
It will be a set menu, costing $45 pp (drinks not included)
The menu is as follow:
1. Imperial Signature House Soup
2. Imperial Roast Platter
3. Quails Deep-fried with Spicy Salt and Chilli
4. Prawns/Mud-crab* with Ginger and Shallot (Noodles)
5. House-style Free Range Chicken
6. Beef with Black Bean Sauce
7. Home-made Signature Tofu
8. Steamed Murray Cod Fish
9. Mixed Mushroom with Vegetables
10. Fresh Fruits & Dessert
Steamed Rice will be served.
*Mud-crab is subject to availability
If there are any allergies or dietary restrictions please inform me directly.
If there are additional people who wish to attend the dinner who haven’t indicated in the registration forms, please inform me directly.
6) There will be a 40 minute informal keiko session held at the Kenshikan on both Friday 23 and Monday 26 from 6:00pm attended by the visitors. Everyone is welcome to attend, but due to the size of the venue, participation will be limited to the first 40 people. Once that number is exceeded we would have to regrettably deny participation to latecomers.
If there are any questions or issues please feel free to contact me.
We hope that you all can enjoy the seminar and gain a beneficial experience from it.
Victorian Kendo Renmei
Shinpan Seminar, Sun 11 Mar, 1:00 Kenshikan
To All Victorian Kendo Members
This is a reminder about the Shinpan Seminar to be conducted by Yano Sensei on Sunday 11 March at the Kenshikan starting at 1:00 pm.
This Seminar will be an opportunity for Yano Sensei to address issues which were discussed at the FIK Shinpan Seminar in Korea late last year, plus a brush-up for those shinpan who are likely to be called upon at the 2018 Australian Kendo Championships.
All practicing shinpan should attend.
I take this opportunity to remind you of the Kyu Grading on Sun 4 March and the Dan Grading on Sunday 17 March.
List of Panel members, stewards etc will be sent out soon.